Geolocation

• Resolved
    Posted in: WP Job Hunter  

jobs
    November 5, 2015 at 5:01 PM #1131

Hello, the plugin is fabulous! I have a question regarding the geolocation as it seems to be a bit tricky.

Is it possible to only rely on geolocation without specifying a country, location (or even keyword for very general broad browskings)?

I used the following shorcode
    [wpjh_add_jobs service="indeed" keyword="" country_code="" location="" count="5" searchbox="top" pagination="bottom" geolocation="on" sort="date"]

[wpjh_add_jobs service="careerjet" keyword="" country_code="" location="" count="5" searchbox="on" pagination="on" geolocation="on" sort="date"]

And doing this displays only job postings from UK – and I am NOT located in UK. If I use a keyword in some other (nonenglish) language, say spanish like this

[wpjh_add_jobs service="indeed" keyword="cocinero" country_code="" location="" count="5" searchbox="top" pagination="bottom" geolocation="on" sort="date"]

[wpjh_add_jobs service="careerjet" keyword="cocinero" country_code="" location="" count="5" searchbox="on" pagination="on" geolocation="on" sort="date"]

Indeed displays results from United states and Career Jet from UK – and Im not located in USA nor in UK.

It seems to work fine if I specify the country code but I was kind of hoping not doing that as I imagine that advertisers use multiple languages and (following the same example) I want Spanish chefs to see “conciero” postings from Spain and Mexican chefs to see “conciero” postings from Mexico, and American-Mexican see ‘cocinero’ postings from US. – without having to create separate pages for each one of them.
    Does it make any sense at all? ;)

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.